Looking for the best strategies to grow a home healthcare agency? Want to leverage the benefits of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform and MAP (Marketing Automation Platform)? If your answers are in the affirmative, this blog on how a CRM can help you combat 3 home health trends will surely be of interest to you.
1. Caregiver Shortage
The global healthcare industry is facing an acute shortage of caregivers that is expected to worsen in the next few months and years. According to a report released by the Global Coalition on Aging, there will be a shortage of 155,000 caregivers by 2030 and 355,000 caregivers by 2040. Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, there was a shortfall in the number of caregivers. To add to the woes, personal caregivers who usually spend an average of 24-26 hours a week offering care stay unpaid.
One of the biggest reasons behind the shortage of caregivers is the demographic shift our world is going through. Massive reductions in birth rates along with an increase in life expectancy has results in a surge in the population above the age of 65 years. It is estimated that 20 percent of the world’s population will be over 60 by 2050. To support their healthcare requirements, the number of elder caregivers will need to increase to 13.5 million new caregivers or by 60 percent by 2040.
2. Franchising of Home Care
In years to come, more medical professionals are expected to experiment with the idea of home care franchising. This is not just because it can benefit them financially but also it is an excellent way to serve and support the communities around us. Home care franchise owners and their staff change the lives of countless people and their families in endless ways.
The U.S. home healthcare market is expected to grow from $103 billion in 2018 to $173 billion by 2026. Moreover, the number of Americans who will be 65 or older is expected to grow from 73.1 million in 2030 to 80.8 million by 2040 and continue to increase to 94.7 million by 2060.
To sum up, it does make sense to invest in home care franchises to help people and build a strong business.
3. Rise of Remote Care
As hospital beds filled up during the pandemic, there was a massive surge in the number of patients who were to be monitored or treated in emergency departments and standard medical units. Thankfully, the concepts of remote care and telehealth gained momentum and presented purpose-driven home monitoring and hospital at-home models. This helped a substantial population of hospitalized patients receive care from home.
When the pandemic was its peak, there was a big increase in the number of patients who were struggling with mental health complications such as depression, anxiety, loneliness, suicidal tendencies, and stress. However, medical professionals were able to provide significant relief to these patients via remote care. With improved technology and connectivity, the concept of remote care is here to stay.
Now that we have read about the top 3 home health trends, let us read about what does a CRM do and how CRM and MAP can help.
What does a CRM do?
A good CRM such as Enquire CRM platform can accomplish many tasks for you, including but not limited to:
- Remind you when it is the right time to follow-up with leads and helping you make phone calls or send emails so communications can be stored for future references.
- Significantly minimize the money, effort, and resources you spend on marketing and sales by letting you efficiently contact and progress leads.
- Help you access the right, best, and the fastest path to identify and leverage the most profitable referral sources and marketing channels.
- Help you track engagement and communications even after leads have been transformed into paying clients.
- Help you create and nurture a consistent sales process that can be easily improved and scaled.
- Track all potential leads and log all of your communications with them.
- Automate emails so you can easily send thousands of emails.
- Track how many referrals you have received from all referral sources and help you compare different referral sources through statistics such as total billable hours, referral volume, lifetime value per client, and more.
A combination of CRM and MAP can help healthcare organizations send real-time notifications to patients and other stakeholders to never miss anything and save valuable time. They can be used to enhance patient engagement and increase the capture of referrals from different referral sources. CRM platforms can also be leveraged to identify top caregivers and get them onboard quickly.
Find out how your healthcare organization can stay in line with the prevailing trends. Schedule a demo now to learn more about Enquire CRM and Enquire MAP.